Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hey guys!!
Thanks for writing!!Sorry no pictures yet. We are working on it. ...Speaking of pictures...Ben wants to know what he has to do to impress you guys! He caught a 50 inch Mahi & no one commented on it! He keeps checking to see if anyone saw it, but no one has mentioned anything about it.... He wants to know how large the fish has to be before anyone gets excited about it. ...Did I mention that he caught it on a Salmon Rod with standard sized reel? ...IF you haven't checked it out go down a few blog entries & take a peek.
Moving on....
We are in Marathon in the Florida Keys right now & Heading to Key West soon. We are just waiting for a part to show up.
Miami gave us the wonderful parting gift of a seriously bad cold! I lost my voice for three days & had little blisters in the back of my throat...still do & Ben has been sneezing, coughing, etc... for a week straight. Not much sleep being had on our boat these days. We are on our way to recovery though. Work slowed up for a few days so we could try to rest & get better quicker, but we have almost the entire list of things done that we wanted to do before leaving the states again. We are both excited for Key West. IT was really fun the last time we were there & should be again. We will, receive all our last minute packages & mail & hopefully head out on Monday. They are calling for some calm weather then, which should be ideal for crossing the gulf stream again & heading around the western end of Cuba.That's pretty soon though, so we'll see! Just keep in mind that it will be increasingly difficult for us to use the Internet as we get closer & closer to the Pacific! We will be out at sea for longer periods of time and near marinas less & less. Keep up on the Spot though & you will always know where we are at.
I really will work on getting the pics up soon! Have a great rest of the week everyone!! We miss you all & can't wait to see you again!!

love,
Kristen, Ben & Mr Doo the healthiest crew member of team Davidson...how is it that a 14 year old dog is feeling better than we are out here?People keep asking us if he's a puppy.... Very strange.

2 comments:

lori said...

O.M.G. Ben!!!!
That was one heck of a fish. And look at all those steaks that you got!!.....sorry for the delayed reaction on your spectacular catch of the monster fish.


I am currently in Cle Elum at your old coffee stop. It is snowing, again. I am here for Don Bobo's funeral.Then I will head back quickly (I hope) as it is supposed to snow another 24" on the pass today and tonight. (sigh....)

Skippy is looking rather dapper in his picture. Give him a hug for me.

I will keep a daily lookout for the spot as I always do. Let me know the next time you have a mail spot to send you something.

Love and miss you all.
Mom

Jessie Woo!! said...

Hey guys! Glad Kristen is feeling better. Glad that someone is catching fish! We drove to Grand Coulee and sat for 6 hours and only caught one between the three of us. It was a sad day. I was excited that my truck got a whopping 14.5 mpg on the trip. Not too shabby.
Bri and I planted sugar snap peas today. Yum! It's been really nice most days, but you know how spring is here. WINDY!! Kinda miserable for working outside. Be boating soon, though. I got Brian a dry suit, so we're thinking wakeboarding in May is in order! Yee Haw!! Glad I drive the boat. Keep in touch, be safe, and have fun. Love, Jess