Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Showers with snakes

The pad for the new house.
footings for the new house. look at that jungle!

This is what I spend half of my time doing... running around the house trying to catch & remove wildlife from our house. Here I am trying to catch the baby goanna that mistook my cupboard for his new home.


Little man standing with one hand only for support. He does this often now.



Little laughing tree frog. I rescued him from our house.


My new shower mates! Thats the entry to the shower to the left, next to the pile.This is where I found the python.

We are getting less and less surprised by the things we encounter here on a day to day basis.

Our shower here is an outdoor shower. We have a water tower next to the house and the base of it has three sides covered by green privacy screens and the fourth has a shower curtain. The shower head is inside. There is a stack of kayaks on one side, and a pile of wood on another. I was having lovely shower yesterday & walked out to find a huge python in the stack of wood just a few feet away!! I looked a bit closer, and with the python were two huge lizards. Turns out the reptiles wanted a shower too. After some further investigation we found chicken eggs in there, and are assuming that’s why we have 10 chickens and only get one egg a day. The lizards are stealing them & eating them in the wood pile.
I looked out the kitchen window this morning & sure enough, a whole family of lizards were sunning themselves there on the wood pile. I took a few pictures, but they are a little fuzzy, because I took them through the screen window.
As far as Henry goes, he’s up and standing on everything!!! He pops right up now! Nothing is safe. He can walk using the couch as something to hold onto. He can transfer from the couch to the coffee table by himself & is very mobile! I’m getting worried! He is getting so big & growing up so fast!
I thought I put pictures of Ben's job site up last time, but don't' see them, so I'll add them on to this entry so you can get an idea of where he spends most of his weekdays.
Hope you are all enjoying the pictures etc...let us know.

1 comment:

lori said...

Wow....on the wildlife there. We are all watching for the latest blog. Sailing looks really great there. The blue coral would be a sight to see. Your home looks like a wildlife refuge. Stay away from those alligators!! Henry is growing so fast. He will be walking shortly. It will be fun to have him chasing you around. He can be like the crocodile hunter and help catch the critters with you. I miss his laugh!!! Stay safe and keep on posting.
Mom