Thursday, October 9, 2008

Virgina

Hello from the road!

We went to Virginia to see our friend Rodney & had an amazing time!! He put up with us for 3 whole days.



We met some awesome people & went fishing yesterday on his friend Scott's boat! We were spot fishing, and I think I win the most unusual catch contest!
Everyone was pulling up fish (of course) and I pulled up fish, a crab, and an oyster.....on my hook.
We all got to pull crab pots as well...and everyone got crabs (of course) and I got two fish in my crab pot.... not sure what was going on there..but it was pretty funny. I think Jordan hooked a crab on his line as well.












The picture where I'm making a crazy oops face is where I was trying to save my fish that came up in the crab pot from the bucket of crabs it was emptied into & I had to fight them off with pliers (those little suckers pinch soooo hard!!) I finally got it out & the picture was taken just as I accidentaly dropped it back into the bucket & had to rescue it again. ...The fish lived & now has some crazy battle stories to tell his friends.




We got a huge amount of crabs & 10 fish to eat for dinner. The picture at the top shows the feast. Not only was our captain an awesome fisherman & one of the nicest guys we've ever met, but he was a great cook as well. (His mother was nice enough to fry the fish for us!) Definitely one of the best meals I've had!
































Thanks Rod for having us over, taking us out & showing us a good time!! Come down & see us soon!
And thank you Scott for taking us out on your boat & showing us all the sites. I can't believe how much you know about the history of the area you live in.If we're around in November we'll definitely come back up to take that fishing trip. We had so much fun! Come on down anytime & sail with us. Thanks so much again!!












leave us a comment & let us know you guys are still out there! We love to hear from you!
-B & K







1 comment:

cyrocket said...

Hi Kristen, Ben and Skip -
Glad you all are having a great time and good to hear that Skippy is doing well, also. Great pictures!
What about the boat? Did you take it out? And...???
Keep up the good blogging!!
Love, Cy