Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A correction & some additions to " were almost there"

Hey everyone!!
Thanks again for reading our blog & commenting!! We check them all the time! We don't always have tmie to post a new one.
I just read Ben's new post & just wanted to say that the picture of the upholstery was of my two unfinished ones, so they actually look better & not lumpy now that they are done...not sure why he put that one on....It's funny to see the contrast in colors though (new & old) our setee is half aquamarine half cream now. Pretty funny when you go down below! Also, the sewing machine is a sailrite LSZ-1. I's amazing!! I can sew through 8 layers of sunbrella like nothing & I made our teathers and in some places had to sew 4 layers of webbing. It was crazy how easy it was!!(For anyone who's ever tried to sew these things you know what I mean)
Thanks again for reading up on us & keeping us company with your comments on the trip!! (Brian you crack me up everytime)
We are so excited to get back in the water!! I'm not sure if Ben mentioned it, but we are hoping to go Monday.
We are going to do a short shake down cruise to Beufort (20 miles away) or South river (even closer) to make sure we have everything in running condition & didn't forget any parts. If anything breaks right away we want to be close to here, because they have everything you could ever need here at affordable prices.
After that we might go out to Ocracoke island & some other places on the outerbanks, but leave pretty soon to sail south.
We will be headed in & out of the intracoastal waterway, bu thave no idea where we are stopping along the way. We have not really planned that & I don't think we will. I do know that we will hurry along & not spend too much time in one place. We want to get down to Pompano Beach/Miami area to see Grandpa Reg & the Jenkins for a few days before heading off. We have no idea what day or even what month we will be there. I'm thinking somewhere between Thanksgiving & Christmas..... helpfull right?
Something that I've realized..... & I think you will all come to understand eventually as well is that making plans ahead of time even a week or so at times is like trying to nail jell-o to a tree.

That just means we will have to post frequently while we are out so we can keep you as updated as possible. Our wi-fi antenna should be here soon, so we can get connections while we are off shore.

Hope to see some more comments.

We really do miss you all!!

1 comment:

nvrstuk said...

74The trim work is looking great. What an awesome job! I was kidding about the Bronco...no snow here yet... Won't be long now I'm sure. How much longer do you think you'll be there? And the follow up question is this-can we use the address you posted to send something to you? :)


Well, I'm ripping the laundry room apart for Tammy's new frontload washer and dryer. I knew that I'd need to make the "wash closet" deeper, but oh yeah...everything is in the way!! HA ha Wiring, plugs, drains, supply lines.... a one day repair is now 5 sheets of sheet rock, yada, yada... oh well...


So what repairs are lined up next? Do you have any pics of the upholstry Kristen is making? It sounds really nice.

Well, I'd better eat something...

Later

Brian